URDUMB: Ultimate Roller Derby Ubiquitous Magnet Board
This is the homepage for URDUMB, the roller
derby interactive magnet board that can run in your web browser. URDUMB
is developed by Wonder Zebra, from Vienna Roller Derby, Austria (in Europe, not Down Under). Check often for newer features.
Here is a list of resources:
- The URDUMB application
- User manual including a list of keyboard shortcuts
- Suggestions, feedback and feature requests should be sent to email@example.com
- A list of the features I'd like to add
in the near future.
- Fullscreen mode: press F or click that button on the bottom
left (note 1: the shortcut for recording animation is now H) (note 2:
on Safari, keyboard shortcuts don't work while in fullscreen mode)
- Touchscreen interface: drag skaters with your finger!
- On-screen cheat sheet: click that question mark in the top-left
corner (or press C).
- Basic on-screen controls: click that tiny button in the top-right
corner (or press I).
- G exports the current situation on the track to a standalone SVG
file. Your browser must allow popups for this to work.
- F starts/stop recording. Once recording has stopped, the recorded
session is exported to standalone animated SVG file. Your browser must
allow popups for this to work. See this
animation for an example of what can be done!
- Skaters can be selected in a similar fashion as modern operating
systems: draw a rectangle with the mouse, press the control key to
modify the current selection, etc. All selected skaters move at the
same time. Keep the shift key pressed to have the skaters follow the
track, i.e. skaters on the outside go faster.
- The [Z] key toggles zebra visualisation.
- Zebras on the track! Jammer refs follow their jammer, pack refs
follow the pack. No fluid half-lap OPR.
- The [escape] key resets history.
- Hovering the mouse over a skater displays its current lap.
- Restructured the code, its not one big ugly script any longer, now
its several small ugly scripts.
- History and bookmarks weren't working on WebKit-based browsers
(Safari, Chrome), it's fixed.
- Bookmarks! Shift-[n] to save bookmark n, [n] to load it. Or use
Alt-mousewheel to cycle through bookmarks.
As always with roller derby, URDUMB is developed on our free time. If you
wish to thank us for our effort, you can use the Donate button
below. All donations (minus the PayPal commission) will go to
the Vienna Rollergirls not-for-profit association. They will help
finance the hosting of this website as well as the bout travel expenses of
our referees and players.
- Jay Stark (Helsinki Roller Derby), Riff Reff (Stuttgart Valley
Rollergirlz), and all the folks on the Official's Lounge who helped
define how to calculate distances between skaters.
- Sutton Impact for providing early useful feedback with touchscreen
- Megapickle (Emerald City) for excellent suggestions.
- All the people who find bugs!
- Honey Collider and Justin Credible (Sydney Roller Derby League) for
introducing me to roller derby